There is an unprecedented increase in remote working happening worldwide, which is growing exponentially daily. Today, due to global circumstances resulting from COVID-19 (Coronavirus disease), many who are working from home are not doing so as a perk, but as an imperative. Luckily, Cisco is offering a special COVID-19 WebEx free trial.
Let’s start with some facts
- Traffic on the Webex backbone connecting China-based Webex users to their global workplaces has increased as much as 22 times since the outbreak began.
- During the same time period, we also saw 4 to 5 times as many users in Japan, South Korea and Singapore, with the average time spent on Webex video meetings doubling among users in those countries.
- On average, free sign-ups in impacted countries are up 7 times over pre-outbreak sign-up rates.
Cisco’s proactive plan
Cisco continues to actively monitor global traffic trends and usage worldwide and has a proactive plan to support our customers with their changing needs. It’s our priority to enable people to work from anywhere (including home), anytime, and on any device, so they stay connected with their teams and can continue their business operations. As the market leader, we’re enabling this in multiple ways.
Effective immediately, we’ve expanded the capabilities on our free Webex offer in all countries where it is available, not only those impacted by COVID-19. Full details on the offer and eligible countries are available here.
- Web and Video Conferencing
- Application/File Sharing
- Call Sharing
- Multimedia Content Sharing
- Chat and Brainstorming Tools
Additional features include:
- Unlimited usage (no time restrictions)
- Supports up to 100 participants
- Offers toll dial-in (in addition to existing VoIP capabilities).
Additionally, through our partners and the Cisco sales team, we are providing free 90-day licenses to businesses who are not Webex customers in this time of need. We’re also helping existing customers meet their rapidly changing needs as they enable a much larger number of remote workers by expanding their usage at no additional cost.
Cisco has been in this business longer than any other vendor on the planet. We are doing all we can and are prepared to help through this trying time. We will continue to provide our point of view, timely updates, and practical advice on remote working and much more. (See additional online resources below.)
In the meantime, our thoughts are with all those who are impacted.